Forms of hosting services
A hosting solution appertains to keeping and/or sharing particular content on a server managed by a web hosting distributor. There are different kinds of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's take a look at them. Doing so, you can determine what you need, based on whether you'd like to run a web page, emails, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a solution made available by certain companies, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions are frequently supported by showing adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a particular span of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely wrong interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would split the tasks at hand between independent bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous web page hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific firms offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting kind is good if you want to share a great quantity of pics with mates or acquaintances since the service is usually free. You will get a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your e-mail aliases. Some providers provide webspace hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an email solution. If you would like to keep a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video will permit you to possess as many video clips as you desire without worrying about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to possess a website. To some degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At Magnolia Sweets Web Hosting, for example, you can see web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for particular web content exclusively.